I am so excited to be one of the creators of Created Crafty.
Myself along with my most crafty Mama are going to bring you fun inspiring crafts. We hope that you will find within yourself the love of Crafting. We pray that you will see that the Lord CREATED you in his image and because of that sweet friends each of us are woven together in his image to create. May you find peace in the time that you spend creating your crafts.
May you learn a bit about yourself with each project. And bask in the awesomeness of being YOU!


So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:26-28

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ruffle Pants! Made by ME!



Okay... I am totally a newbie to sewing. So when you see what I made tonight be in awe! What would take a seasoned seamstress 30min to whip together took me 5 hours! I had to rip my seams out only four times! But I "kept on keep on" and finished! I feel so AWESOME!

My little girl has been asking me for "ruffle pants" forever. I have tried to make them in the past and have given up. This time I found an awesome tutorial on Pinterest (my favorite place on earth!) The Blog that I got my inspiration from is called  The Sewing Dork  I followed her tutorial How to make ruffle pants. I needed a little more instruction on ruffling so I went to good old you tube and found this video.












I am so proud of myself. This is what I know to be true... If I can make these ANYONE can. I am sure that my next pair will take me half of the time. And when I get ruffling down... It will go even faster! I need so tips so please feel free to comment and give a new sewing Mommy some help.

3 comments:

Shelley @ Born in a Barn said...

Those are sooooooo cute!! Makes me wish my girls were little again!! :)

Lagene said...

Yeah Rach, those are the CUTEST ruffle pants on the CUTEST model ever! I'm proud of you...yeah!

Aixa M. said...

Cool blog! I like the mixed crafts you showcase! BTW, thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! : )