I am so excited to be one of the creators of Created Crafty.
Myself along with my most crafty Mama are going to bring you fun inspiring crafts. We hope that you will find within yourself the love of Crafting. We pray that you will see that the Lord CREATED you in his image and because of that sweet friends each of us are woven together in his image to create. May you find peace in the time that you spend creating your crafts.
May you learn a bit about yourself with each project. And bask in the awesomeness of being YOU!


So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:26-28

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Toilet Paper Roll Poinsettia Wreath Tutorial

Here is my Poinsettia Wreath made from toilet paper rolls.

I've seen a couple of poinsettias made out of toilet paper rolls recently and failed to mark where to find them, so here is how I did it:

1) Flatten empty toilet paper roll.                                    

2) I used a guillotine type paper cutter to cut roll into 1/2 inch pieces.

3) Paint inside & out with your choice of acrylic paint & let dry completely.

4) I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to glue 5  petals together at the center  .(see Picture below for samples of clips to use to hold petals together for drying)


5) After the glue dried, I applied Aileen's Tacky glue to top edges of the petals and  gently patted into fine glitter.

For the glittery poinsettia sample below I used this method:
I sprayed each poinsettia with Elmers Craft Bond Spray Adhesive
 Then I dropped into a square tupperware container that contained fine glitter, closed tightly & shook till glitter adhered to the flower.  Last I added a center with green Stickles glitter glue by Rangers.

 6)  To assemble the wreath I glued strategic petals together to form a circle (circle of sorts...mine turned out a little wonky haha) I again used the Helmar Adhesive with the clip holding method seen to the left.  Then I Hot Glued green silk petals from Poinsettias from a local craft store to the back of flowers.

Attach a ribbon through a top petal & wala there you have a TP Poinsettia Wreath!

Hope you start saving those empties & let us know what  you make out of them :-)







Challenge entered:
UseItTuesday:  Ch. #21: Holiday

Lagene

5 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

This is beautiful, Lagene! Thank you for taking the time to post the step-by-step instructions. I will have to give it a try. Just need to find me some Helmar 450. :)Thank you for joining us at Use It Tuesday! Happy Holidays! ~ Jane

Haven_mom4 said...

Amazing what you can do with recycled cardboard. Thanks for sharing at Use it Tuesday-haven

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Love the poinsettias - so so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!! Thanks for playing with us at Use it Tuesday!!

Pearl Maple said...

This is so cool, thanks for sharing the creative inspiration and your product recommendations.